Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chasing Cars

A new writing challenge to avoid having to think for myself: The 100 Word Song. This week, Chasing Cars. Amazingly, a current song I not only know, but sing at karaoke sometimes. It is supposed to be a story inspjred by the lyrics of a song. I meshed everything up because it just worked that way. Here we go....

Before you were my best friend
And before you were my confidante,
I was so in love with you.
But friendship was all we had.

I told you once.
How I felt.
You let me down most gently.

Years have past,
We are oh so close.
Don't think I don't sometimes wonder.

If I just lay here, would you lie with with me and just forget the world?
Forget the decisions we've made, the decades of others, the times we've missed.
Forget what we're told, we're already too old.

All that I want is to be perfect in your eyes.

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

3 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. Love lost but not totally forgotten. A hope for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did anyone say this is beautiful yet? Someone should say it. Heck, I'll say it - this was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete