Monday, May 28, 2012

After

Finding herself on the floor of yet another car, and now pondering the idea of an exorcism, she looked back on the past months with profound sadness and confusion. One person could not possibly be as unlucky as she had been. The time when she was successful businesswoman, engaged to her own personal Adonis, seemed an eternity away. The rapid decay of her life stood in bleak contrast to that which she once was. The tears came less slowly each time. This time, it was the familiar sound of the sirens that triggered their deluge.

11 comments:

  1. It's very, very good. It seems one person is undoubtedly as unlucky as she is, and I feel some pity for her. I think there's a typo in your last sentence ('it was the a familiar sound')—and if you want to delete this comment to destroy the evidence, I won't take offence :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and your proofreading prowess, Tamyka. I shall correct the typo and leave your comment. I am not ashamed to admit fault!

      Delete
    2. Wonderful! I love your attitude :D We can only get better if we are willing to hear that we're not perfect.

      Delete
  2. The reference to an exorcism made me smile. Sometimes when all of life starts spinning out of control, it seems like the only solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are telling your story - even if in bits and bytes. Cathartic release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, this is fiction! And we are far away from the really good part anyway!

      Delete
    2. oh, all my stuff (ALL) is fiction, too. (cough, cough) :)

      any chance you can add a "name, url" profile to your comments? (and get rid of the spambot check?) Juat askin' not demandin'

      Delete
    3. No clue how, but I shall investigate. Blogger has changed a lot since last I used it.

      Delete
  4. Wonderfully written, fiction or non...I love how it takes the tears a bit longer to start every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very powerful stuff and very concisely written. It's fiction, but the way you tell it rings very true. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete