Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sharp Dressed Man

This week's 100 Word Song Challenge is ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man." As my second try at this challenge, I feel I have found a better groove with this one. More of an inspired by, and less a reworking of the words, as I (probably mistakenly) did with my prior entry. Here we go....

"Mama, want to wear your sunglasses!"

Little does my three year old know that his Mama has absolutely outrageous taste in sunglasses. From giant white square frames to bedazzled bug-eyes to priceless retro specs with chains instead of arms that hang from the ears like earrings. And little does he care. If it is good enough for Mama, it is surely good enough for him.

He looks absolutely ridiculous in each pair. Still, I take a photo of him every time, and keep an album of his Elton John looks. A once in a lifetime opportunity. To feel loved unconditionally.

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

5 comments:

  1. very cute and funny! I like how you opened this. He sounds like my 8-year-old daughter. awesome and thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lance. You run a damn good ship. I will try to jump in more. I just tend to skip the songs I don't know!

      Delete
  2. How great! I love seeing my 8 year old wear my silly looking sun glasses. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this and instantly started seeing my 2 year old granddaugh ter. She has a thing got her mommy's sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my girls love wearing my sunglasses, they look so adorable with the oversized frames :)

    Great scene

    ReplyDelete