Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving On

Michelle and I were always talking about the men in (and out) of our lives. Nothing was off limits, the dirty little secret that men never believe. Our talks would make several locker rooms worth of braggarts blush. But it was fun and liberating and at some level the way we both coped with our singlehood as we each lost a steady stream of co-conspirators to marriage.

The thrill of public sex was something we shared, and shared often enough that a competition had evolved: which of us could do the most in the strangest place. Two Type A's running loose in the City looking to get their freak on. Depressingly, I could never match Michelle's best. In an alley, in a grimy-cum-trendy part of town (pun perhaps intended), up against a wall. Oh how I envied her and that story.

My envy was not for the place or the guy or even the thrill. After all, I have a husband now. And while he blushes at the idea of our competition, he is a willing participant in keeping the spirit alive. My envy was, and always has been, her lithe flexible body to my Rubenesque clunkiness that the story always brings to the fore. My husband is happy to enact our own version, but I know I could never accomplish sex standing up. No man would ever lift me by my ass, my legs wrapping around his waist, and fuck me against a wall.

It is the eve of Michelle's wedding. We haven't spoken of our competition in many years. Indeed, after I was married, she kind of stopped sharing as I was bound to by my vows. I am happy she has found someone who will love her forever and that our timelines might once again meet. We can now share stories of husbands, marriage, and eventually children. Perhaps another type of friendly competition will be on the horizon as we continue to share ourselves with each other.

Exactly 333 words this week!

9 comments:

  1. I love your story. I almost envy your characters their competition. I understand the thrill of public sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well now...I think I might be going home early today.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great. I particularly loved "Two Type A's running loose in the City looking to get their freak on." I can totally picture it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a healthy competition, I always say. LOL Great write. Both of your husbands would likely appreciate a similar competition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Trifecta. This was not at all what I was expecting here. I say there's nothing wrong with competition and there's no saying an upright position it can't be accomplished, regardless of one's stature. :-)

    I like the "get their freak on" line, too.

    See you back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh...weddings can stir up all varieties of competitions...hotels and honeymoons, vows and wows... Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. phew! YOU, you made my glasses steamy.

    Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the part about nobody would ever pick you up by the ass and fuck you against the wall. Nope, they won't me either, but I love your public sex competition!

    ReplyDelete